Thru Hull




My question on sailnet.com
I just purchased a Grampian 26 and have a question on the thru hull fitting. 

Is this right for the original thru hull or is the flange broken off? It is glassed over on the inside. If the picture doesn't show I started a blog of my progress with the post at the top (for now).


A good answer from Ron-1984 Fast/Nicholson 345 "FastForward"

I see no evidence of any kind of 'through hull fitting'.. looks like a glassed in stub (that may originally have been a f/g tube to the cockpit sole if it's a cockpit drain) Looks like someone somehow fit that gate valve into the f/g stub.

That's the wrong kind of valve, by the way.. a 90 degree ball valve is a better style for that job. Cutting out that stub and installing a real thruhull valve would be the 'proper' fix.


Have a look here:


Replacing Thru-Hulls and Seacocks Photo Gallery by Compass Marine How To at pbase.com




No comments:

Post a Comment