Getting Close

        I am pushing to get out soon. I still have a lot to do but it would be so much nicer to do on the water. I am ready to go in but am short a few items. No spar boots, need new flares and a second fire extinguisher, and a auto switch for the bilge pump. The spar boots will keep me from raising the mast and the others are necessary safety items. The rest I can wait on.
       

12 volt fan and a small light installed. The 120 volt  GFI outlet hooked up to the shore power plug

Not to much was done to the electrical for now, just sorting it all out and reconnecting it. It was not difficult except the original circuitry was a little odd. The circuit wires feeding the boat are red, yellow, dark blue and black. The blue or black may be dark green but you get the idea. The red wire is common to all circuits. This threw me off because the red is always positive on a DC circuit. I don't have time to figure the why's, maybe it was originally positive ground, later. Anyway, Yellow is cabin lights, one dark is running lights and one is the anchor or mast light. There are only two wires to the mast so it needs a third wire for a mast head light. I believe you can do it with 2 wires and a diode and reverse the polarity??? anyone know how to do this?


Hopefully there will be some free time to fix these posts and add some more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment